Friday, January 06, 2006

Small Packages

You know what they say about small packages...
But what do they say about small, UNPLANNED packages?!!?
Well, we say that it is the smallest Knotts to come along in a while!
(You might want to sit down for this...)


On New Year's Eve, Marcus and I found out that we are expecting our first child. BIG shock. HUGE surprise. I have to admit that I wigged out like I have never wigged out before! I didn't honestly think I was pregnant, but I just couldn't shake "the stomach flu", and I bought the home test to rule out the possibility.

Well, the possibility was most definitely NOT ruled out! I had a blood test on Tuesday that confirmed it, and also indicated that I was actually farther along than I had originally thought!

Marcus and I went to the first ultrasound today to verify the age and to pinpoint some minor complications I have been experiencing. The ultrasound was like nothing I had ever experienced before. It was touching, but so foreign! Even though we saw the little munchkin, saw and heard the heartbeat, it just doesn't seem real!

We are both excited. Shocked? Yes, but most definitely excited! Here is the first picture of the munchkin... You are looking at it from the side, so you can't see little arms or legs yet, but the little buds are there!! If you click on the image, you will find one of my famous ultrasound cheat-sheets.


The Baby's Stats:
Size: 3 cm
Heartrate: 164 bpm
Age: 7 weeks, 5 days (as of today)
Due Date: August 20, 2006 (My little sis' birthday!)


The image to the left is the fetal heartbeat

WATCH OUT WORLD, THERE'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER LITTLE MARCUS RUNNING AROUND!
(...still can't believe it!)

...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAHOOOO for unexpected surprises! we very happy for all three of you (and your puppies too :)) -the Wortman's

Karla said...

Even though I knew about your news, I still teared up! We are all SO excited for you!!!
Love,
Anthony, Karla and Nathan :)

Jennifer said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood! Congrats Jackie and Marcus!

Jennifer

Julie said...

YAY!!!! I can't wait to be an aunt! I'm so excited for you and Marcus. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. All I had was Stomach flu! ~Stephen

Sarah said...

That is SO awesome!! A big congrats to the two of you!! I had chills and started to almost cry!! It's amazing how news of a new baby in the family can do that!! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jackie! This is Jen, Karla's friend with twins. I am so excited for you guys! There's nothing like being a mommy or a daddy- just looking into those little eyes will open your eyes to a whole new world full of hopes, dreams, fears, and most of all unimaginable love. I still can't believe my miracles are here and now you will have yours here before we know it!

Gracie said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! I had to read that twice to be sure!!!!WOW!! I think I am in shock!! Congrats to both of you!!!! :)
LOVE
Gracie

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails