Sunday, March 07, 2010

Mommy's Folly

Evan & Zachary by the water clock at The Children's Museum

I've been meaning to post for a while, but with the boys being under the weather and not sleeping well... I am experiencing a bit of fatigue-induced writer's block. Zachary and Evan are back to normal today, so I'm anticipating a great night's sleep tonight... And at the risk of making this blog entry completely incoherent towards the end, I made sure I'd get a good night's sleep by taking a couple of Tylenol PM a while ago! So, let's get to it before I start babbling and drooling on myself, shall we? Museum time!!!

Doesn't seem that long ago that Dad would take my brother, sister and I to the museum as kids!

Last week, before the boys were down and out, we went to the Children's Museum with Danny, Julie, and Dad. I cannot TELL you what a great time we had. For the first time, both boys were old enough to enjoy it, and it's just a whole new level of fun for me when that happens. As always, during a great visit to the museum; I end up missing my time working there! At one point, when we were in the paleo dig section of Dinosphere, I had an almost uncontrollable urge to grab a volunteer vest from the wall, don some goggles, and get "down" with my bad museum educator self!!!

"Look Ma! I found a dinosaur bone!!"

The "Bob the Builder" exhibit was a big hit with the boys...
LOTS to do. Here, Zachary is making sure the "water" flows into the treatment plant.
Can he fix it? Yes, he CAN!

Checking out the pretty colors with Uncle Danny & Aunt Julie

Of course, another thing that made this day so much fun was being able to spend time with my brother, sister and Dad. It's been too long, and the time my brother spent with the boys will be so precious after Danny leaves on Wednesday!!

Here are a couple more pictures. For more pictures of The Children's Museum, you can visit one of my photo sites HERE.



Unfortunately, this is where my folly comes into play. I was afraid they were coming down with something the day before we left for the museum... and had even cancelled the trip at one point. But, like so many times before, after an extremely rough night, the boys were both perfectly fine in the morning. In fact, by 7am, they were literally bouncing off the walls and no fevers... so I decided to go.

Neither one was acting sick the entire time, until about 4 o'clock, when it appeared that Zachary had figuratively hit a brick wall. It didn't matter what anyone did for him, or what cool stuff Grandpa or his aunt and uncle had in store for him... he was DONE. So we left. By the time we got him home, he was most definitely sick. I couldn't help but think about how many people we may have infected at the museum. Folly, folly, folly.

By the next day, Little Brother succumbed, and instead of visiting family in South Bend, the Knotts' were once again quarantined in Nutball Manor, and spent the day sleeping, crying and watching just about anything I could find with Elmo in it.


As I mentioned earlier, the boys are healthy once again, and I am happy to report that I was able to open the windows in the house two days in a row! Time for Spring to... spring!!! Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, mommy! You gotta go with what you have at the time and the boys seemed fine...at the time.

Glad you had so much fun - at least until 4. I love the Indy Children's Museum too, but we don't get there as often as I'd like.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails