Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011


I can't believe it's come and gone all ready!!!  Christmas 2011 is officially "on the books"... well, at least "on the blog!" 

We, of course need to start out with Christmas Eve pictures... but first, a note on the boys' Christmas outfits this year.  I did not... I repeat, DID NOT try to make them match this year!  They did that themselves.  I originally bought Zachary's outfit in November before the Christmas Show.  A couple of weeks later, I let Evan pick out his from a different store.  He had about 5 combos to choose from, and he said he wanted to look just like his brother.  Zachary agreed that they would both look cool, and that they should BOTH wear ties  so they would look just like Daddy.

Look at my handsome guys!!

Once I snapped this picture, I knew our photo time was over...
Totally funny picture, though!!
In our house, we carry on a tradition Marcus had growing up in his.  After church on Christmas Eve, the boys get to open one present, and it is always a new pair of PJ's.  I usually go Christmasy, but while shopping for PJ's for cousin Niki, the boys made it clear which ones they liked.  So, I went back later and picked them up.  It took a while to get used to Mr. Sunshine in his BRIGHT yellow SpongeBob number!


Our other Christmas Eve tradition in our house is our "Christmas Stromboli."  We order it from the town pizza place that day, and then heat it up for dinner after church.  Don't ask me how that started, but now Christmas Eve just doesn't seem complete without Stromboli...

Eating dinner, prepping the cookies and carrots for our late-night visitors, and Zach writing a note to Santa...
It's a good thing Santa can read 5-year-old!


We had two early risers on Christmas morning, of course... here are a few shots of the morning chaos!

The "big" gift from Santa to the boys...
A stunt track from Cars 2

Gift from Mommy & Daddy
Little Angry Bird piggies!!
 I'm going to stop at the picture above for a moment.  Almost immediately following this shot, Marcus put on Evan's hat and started oinking.  Evan noticed from across the room... His eyes got huge, and his smile even huge-er!  He tucked his arms across his chest, lowered his head, and charged Marcus, all the while shouting, "AAAAANGRY BIIIIIIRDS!!!"  He jumped in the air, and landed on Marcus with a triumphant, "I popped you!!!"

A Mater Operation game from Julie & Dan.  They LOVED it!!

"Helping" to make sure Grandpa D opens his gift correctly.
 While Julie and I worked on lunch, Evan took over camera duty.  There were tons of pictures of toys, feet, fingers... but this is by far my favorite shot....


"Hold it right there, Uncle Dan!!  We caught you red-handed!!
Hand over our Nerf gun niiiiiice and slow..."
 We had a great time, and were able to schedule an on-line conversation with Danny and Jenn that night too.  It was just an all-around relaxing, low-key Christmas this year!  Thanks for sharing it with us; Julie, Dan & Grandpa!

Air hockey table from Grandpa D!!!!

I still have no idea where I'm gonna put that thing...!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails