Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Big "Quilt-Trip"!

My Christmas gift to my sister this year was my first-ever quilt NOT made for an infant. The deal was that she got to pick out the fabrics, and I would attempt to make something purty!  More or less, we both succeeded (although the actual quilting could have gone better), and just as long as Julie doesn't stare or dwell on the quilting stitches for too long, I think she will love her new cuddle-blanket!

The fabrics that Julie picked out after MUCH deliberation!

Evan wanted to watch, but quickly learned that quilt-making is not really a spectator sport!

At 1:30 a.m. a couple weekends ago, the top is done!

"Yeah, yeah... super nice... Can I go to BED now?!!?"

Finally, after a lot of tugging and pulling through the machine,
and lots of help from Marcus with said tugging and pulling...
It's ready to go cuddle with Julie!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails