So, I realize it's been almost a year since I posted last... and my last post was the first day of LAST year's vacation. I should probably backtrack and get on that -- later.
For now, in an attempt to get back to chronicling the Knotts family exploits once again for myself and my small circle of visitors, I give you the Knotts vacation of 2014! Once again hitting the high seas!!!
We were going on the Disney Magic once again. This year, we were aboard for seven nights and would visit St. Maartin, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay. The best part is that the boys had no clue until right before we left for the port. We kept it a secret from the boys for almost a year, and when it came time to head to Florida, we told them that we were just going with Marcus on a "business trip." They bought it - hook, line, and sinker!
We were so convincing that neither one believed us at first, and Evan was EXTREMELY angry with us until we got there because he thought it was all some sort of cruel joke. I also believe he was quite miffed that we were able to "trick" him - he takes great pride in being Mr. Smartypants who knows everything... Not this time, Bucko!
Captain Micky greeting us at Port Canaveral - it was at about this point that Evan finally forgave us!
Anywho... here is an obscene number of pictures from our first day. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it this year!
The port terminal dedicated entirely to Disney Cruises - can ya tell?!!?
There's our girl!!
Atrium all decked out for Halloween
Atrium with the Halloween tree
Back to the Avengers Academy in the Oceaneer's Club
*I* wanted to hit the pool first, but Zach wanted to check out the kid's club areas...
...as did Evan...
Oh, jeez... All three have been sucked in... I'll be here a while!
Yea!! I got them outside!!! Time for some water fun!
Time to dry off, see our room, and wait for the emergency drill
View of the NASA buildings before we embark
Sail Away Deck Party
If you look at the bottom of the "Funnel Vision" screen, you'll see Zach in the middle and Evan to the right during the party.
Sailing away from the Disney terminal
The party might be over, but Zach MUST DANCE!
Dinner time!!! Zach got Goofy ears from a server...
Marcus is Dumbo (No other caption needed...)
Pretty sure these are supposed to be Malificent "horns" ...I hope.
Evan got a Peter Pan hat, but traded it in for a set of Dumbo ears instead
After dinner, the boys wanted to return to the Oceaneers Club and Lab spaces, so Marcus and I had a quiet evening of peaceful exploration on the ship.
A nearly empty deck at sunset!
The huge ropes and chains used to secure the boat
We discovered portholes to the kitchens!
The entrance to the adult-only areas of the ship: A piano bar, Irish pub, and a club
No comments:
Post a Comment