We went to Peru for our traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Marcus' grandmother's home. I like to call it our "Very Pierogi Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown"! His family makes meat pierogi, mashed potato pierogis (my favorite), and even fruit pierogis. They are yummy! We also have the usual turkey, but family and pierogis are what make Thanksgiving in the Sullivan house special! I only took one picture Thursday, I meant to take more, but we were playing board games, and I got caught up. Hmmm... I was with Marcus' family and took only one picture... Who do you think it was of?

Lehna's all tuckered out after her first Thanksgiving
When we got home, I started to decorate for Christmas, and Marcus said he'd like to get me a new tree for my Christmas present. I thought about it for a while, and decided, "What the heck." We went and bought a very nice new tree. The sucker is NINE FEET TALL, complete with pre-lit goodness! It's fantastic! I love it!

I did feel a bit like Clark Griswald with his huge tree when we got home, because we weren't quite sure where the tree would fit! The height was not problem, but when I unfurled the bottom of the tree, I realized we didn't take the width into consideration. Another good thing is that we had so many ornaments already that we actually filled the tree without having to buy any more.*
I can't wait to have people over to see the new place all decked out for the holidays!

Kali's not so impressed with the new look...
There are less places to play.

Chelsea dreaming of sugarplums in front of the fireplace.
Today, Marcus and I went to Ohio to see my dad's side of the family. Unfortunately, recently we have only seen them once a year. I had a GREAT time catching up with all of them. They are just a really fun group of people. My sister took a bunch of pictures and promised to e-mail them to me, so I will go into more detail and post them when I get them.
Well, my Christmas CD just ended, and I need to run downstairs and put in another one before Marcus stops me!
Have a wonderful week!

WOO-HOO!
1 comment:
What a GORGEOUS tree!!! I also love that close-up. VERY pretty!!!We just got home Saturday night, so today I am going to blast the Christmas music and DECORATE!!!! :) Our family tradition is to play Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving, so I don't wait until December either. Nathan loves the Christmas music, so he is going to be SO much fun this year!!! I am going to let him help me decorate. We won't go pick out tree until next weekend, but I will set everything else out. I LOVE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON TOO!!!!:)
Post a Comment