Sunday, December 27, 2009

We Wish You the Merriest!


The merriest of Christmases to you all out there!! We hope that it was the best yet; and that everyone was safe, warm, and loved this holiday season.... We know we were! I was actually running around quite a bit, and didn't get as many pictures as I usually do. With what I DID get, though, I'll run you through the "Cliff's Notes" of Knotts Christmas 2009.

After church on Christmas Eve, the boys opened up their first gifts -- New PJ's! Thomas the Tank Engine for Zachary and Toy Story for Evan. Big smiles all around! Ahh... it's the simple things!

We put out cookies for Santa and got ready for bed. I let Zachary take a picture (one LAST time), before we went to bed.

The next morning, the boys were up bright and early (as usual). Surprise #1 for the boys was a letter from Santa thanking them for the cookies, and encouraging them to be good boys this year *wink*. Surprise #2 was getting to dig into their stockings!

"Wait.. There are TOYS in here?!!?"

Hanging the new ornaments for the year.

Dad, Julie and Dan came over in the afternoon. Julie and I tried to get in touch with our inner Rachael Ray, and prepared our Christmas dinner in matching Indianapolis Indians aprons. At least they were Christmas-y colors!

The boys, of course, loved all of the gifts, and we are very grateful for their very loving and generous grandparents and aunts 'n uncles!

Opening one of many awesome gifts

My dad got Zachary a digital camera for kids, and now he is walking around with it everywhere... and has taken about 300 pictures of all his new toys! I'm so grateful not to have to hide MY camera any longer!



Christmas evening, we were able to catch Danny on the webcam. He was talking to us from a place about five hours earlier, and about 50 degrees warmer! Below is a picture of us talking to Danny... taken by Zachary, of course!


"Smile, Mommy!"

Stephanie, Tait, Lehna and Maya came over later and spent the night at our place. We made a BIG breakfast the next day, and then Kris, Christina and Marcus' mom and step-dad came over for more fun with the kiddies.

Below is a video of Evan playing with the gift he got from his G-ma and G-pa Fruehling. I think it's hilarious, and that he is dancing like a monkey!! And Terry was afaid he wouldn't like it... :)



The ORIGINAL Knotts boys playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the 1992 version).

Zachary is learning the finer points of video games from the master.

At this point, Christina checked her phone app, and the decibel level had reached dangerous levels!
...Darn cute, though...

Oh! And lastly, the new Knotts additions - Dorie and Nemo!


Merry Christmas, Everyone!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails