Thursday, April 14, 2011

Appliques & Freezer Paper... Oh, My!


I have been bitten by the crafty bug again! After perusing a bunch of craft blogs the past couple days, I just really wanted to try to do something for my boys!

The shirts, I got from Once Upon a Child, and I decided to try appliqueing a shirt and freezer paper stenciling. Liked appliqueing... LOVED the stenciling!!


Above is the pattern I made for Evan's robot shirt. Below is the almost finished product. You might notice the "hats" on the robot are different... I gave up on the antennae, and now just have to finish stitching the new hat, and it's done!


For Zachary's shirt, I tried freezer paper stenciling. First, I created a stencil on Photoshop...


The design gets transferred to freezer paper, cut out with an exacto knife and then ironed it to the shirt.


Paint, dry aaaand... it's DONE!!! It was SO. MUCH. FUN!! Cannot wait to make some more designs!!!


1 comment:

Karla said...

Love them both! I don't understand how to do them, but that is me and my LACK of craftyness! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails