
Today would have been my mom's 57th birthday. I always thought that it was an interesting coincidence that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!
And that actually has something to do with my great news!
Backtracking a bit... Last Wednesday, I went in for a regular check-up. While there, they found a lump in my left breast. The doctor was concerned enough to schedule me for a mammogram on Monday.
On Monday, I dropped Zachary off at Grace's (thanks Grace & Gabe!), and headed to the clinic. They took a series of mammograms and sent me to the waiting room. After a little bit of time, the RT came back and said the doctor wanted more views. I went in, and a couple more uncomfortable views later, I was back in the waiting room.
I was called in once again, for an ultrasound this time, to take a look at the spots they found. By this point, I was pretty sure they were going to find something bad. The ultrasound lasted a long time, and every time she would stop and take a picture and measure a dark spot on the screen, my heart sank.
I waited in the room by myself again after it was over. Long story short, the specialists DO NOT believe that any of the spots were cancerous. I was diagnosed with Fibrocystic Breast Disease, which is a common condition that runs in my family. All that really means is that I just have to be more diligent in my self-exams. And the real up-side is that I have a clean bill of health!
5 comments:
What a relief!!! Congrats on a clean bill of health!! ♥
Wow! I had not idea you were going through this. Glad to hear things are fine!
praise the Lord!
Love you.
Babe, I know I don't have to tell you how relived we were to hear the wonderful news! It is wonderful & I think it is great & very brave of you to talk about it! :) It always seems to help me!!! ;)Judging by the response over the blog, I know your friends just wanna give you their support
Love you!
Post a Comment