Sunday, October 07, 2007

Julie's Wedding: Part 1

Here is the first installment of pictures from my sister's wedding this weekend. At this point, I only have pictures from my camera (and some really good ones I stole from Stephanie's blog), and since I was too busy to take pictures, there aren't many right now. As I get pictures from guests, I'll post some more. I will also be doing some video clips from the wedding over the next couple of posts. Enjoy!

On Friday, I picked up Lehna at 8am; and she, Zachary and I ran errands for the wedding with Linda all day before the rehearsal. Both kids were amazing. I was worried we wouldn't get everything done, but no problem! After the errands, we went to the Tippecanoe Amphitheater for the rehearsal.


(No caption needed on this one...)


Rehearsal Time


Zachary & Lehna

And then there was Julie's wedding day. Can you BELIEVE the weather?!!? We were afraid that everyone would freeze at an outdoor October wedding. How wrong could we have been? If you hadn't heard; yesterday was the hottest October 6th on record! It was in the 90's!!

I was pretty impressed at how well Julie took everything in stride. I got to the reception site at a little before nine, and started decorating. Then Julie and I went to the wedding tent and worked here for a bit. Our aunts and Linda met us there and continued to work after we left to get our hair done. THAT was a disaster! My hairdresser (I've never used her before) started out by saying she's terrible at up-dos... then when she was half-way through my hair she stopped, turned around to everyone in the shop and said, "OK, guys, I give up... I don't know what to do". Ug... I left the beauty shop looking pretty bad. Julie said I looked like I had a koosh ball on my head. Luckily, her friend Jessica fixed the hair situation... and given what she had to work with, she did pretty darn well.

Julie looked so beautiful! My little sis is all grown up and married!! Here are some of the shots of the wedding and reception.

Getting ready...

Lehna looking pretty!


My aunt Pat getting Zachary ready.


These are pictures from the wedding... Stephanie took these. I didn't have any, so I pulled some from her blog. Thanks for the great pictures, Steph!! If you would like to see some more of Stephanie's pictures, check out her blog via the link on the right!


Lehna, Zachary & me


Family Shot


I LOVE this picture!
Great shot, Steph!!

And here are some pictures of the reception...


Dan & Julie


Zachary with his Great-Grandma Hall


First Dance


Dan and his mom, Nancy


Julie, dancing with her flower girl.


In honor of our mom...

That's all the pictures for now. I will add more, and give more details about the wedding... in the meantime, I'll leave you with a video montage I put together for the reception to surprise Julie. Hope you like it... I really enjoyed making it!

3 comments:

Gracie said...

Babe, everyghing you did was wondeful! You sister looked truly amazing, as did you! It was great to see your whole family together!! :) Thank you for having me there! It is so hard to belive she is all grown up!!!!!! :)

Laura said...

Great job on the slide show Jackie- my family loves to do slide shows, so great to look at old pics! Congrats to Julie :)

Karla said...

I can't believe your baby sister is married now! :) Everyone looked beautiful! I love her dress. I wish that I could have been there, but at least I get to look at your site and see the pictures. Very nice video too. I bet she loved that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails